Damage prevention is no accident
Power of Partnership
It begins with a call to AOC before you dig, and ends with everyone safe and productive.
Damage prevention is no accident and it's accomplished through the concept of partnership.
With everyone on the same page, all working together to achieve their individual
goals but all focused on one common theme: safety and damage prevention. Following
the simple tasks below can be the difference between a job well done and disaster.
- Call AOC to submit your locate request. Provide accurate information and white mark
your dig site
- Renew your locate request if your work will continue past 20 working days or if
the marks are no longer clearly visible.
- Always allow for a clear and productive communication with utilities and DPS.
The Utility or DPS
- Accurately mark the center line of your facilities.
- Strive to mark your facilities in a timely manner and communicate in a timely manner
when an issue arises.
- Meet in advance to establish communications and coordination on large projects.
- Provide regular status updates and coordinate weekly work schedules so that the
utilities and locators can work with the excavator to keep the marks fresh.
- Attend Damage Prevention Alliance (DPA) meetings to share information and resolve
issues with others in your area.
Following all of these tasks will aid in project coordination, decrease work stoppage,
and above all, help promote damage prevention and safety. With
a partnership based on communication, cooperation, and coordination between excavators,
utilities, and utility locators facilitated by the AOC process, we can all succeed.
What do all these marks mean?
Wonder what those paint marks on the ground mean? How will the phone company show
me where their line is? Find all this info and more here.